Summer Mail & Package Services
Summer Mail Forwarding
This information is about Mail Forwarding for Spring/Summer 2023:
STUDENT MAIL FORWARDING SERVICE TO TAKE EFFECT May 29th—PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS INFORMATION NO LATER THAN Thursday, May 25, 2023.
GW Mail Services will provide mail-forwarding service to students who resided in university residence halls during Spring 2023 and are no longer on-campus. The start date for mail forwarding service will be Monday May 29, 2023, and mail forwarding services will end on Friday, August 4, 2023. It is strongly recommended that you notify all business mailers, personal mailers, magazines, periodicals, and newspapers regarding your change of address and the effective date.
For students not listed in the Fall 2023 residence hall roster: Mail received by GW Mail Services after August 4, 2023, will be “Returned to Sender” as required by USPS rules. If you are a Fall 2023 resident, mail received after August 4, 2023 will be placed in your Fall 2023 mailbox.
Please be aware that in accordance with USPS rules... only USPS 1st Class mail or higher can be forwarded. Most magazines, periodicals, and newspapers cannot be forwarded. Additionally, mail cannot be forwarded outside of the United States. All mail with international forwarding addresses will be returned to sender.
Please stop shipping items to GW (check your recurring package subscriptions)
- Packages currently onsite, or on the way to GW will be kept in the custody of GW Mail & Package Services (MPS) for this duration, as long as needed, and any changes or updates will be communicated.
- If you have packages at MPS (or in transit to GW right now) and you are in need of these items you can go to any carrier (FedEx, UPS etc), create a shipping label online and email it to [email protected]. MPS will re-label and ship your package for you.
Packages received after August 4, 2023 for Fall 2023 residents will be shelved and are expected to be picked up during move-in.
Please update your permanent address information through the GWeb Portal prior to the end of the day on Thursday, May 25, 2023.
Please see the easy instructions below for updating your permanent or summer address information through the GWeb Portal:
- Log into the GWeb Information System
- Select “Personal Information” from the main menu
- Select “Update Address”
- Select “Permanent Address” (highlighted in blue) directly below the permanent address headline
- Make the appropriate address changes at the “update address screen”
- Log out
If you will be living in the university residence hall past May 25th, please indicate your university residence address as your permanent address, and update to the new address when you leave campus.
Please contact GW Mail Services via email at: [email protected] with any questions about the student mail forwarding service.